Menu

Past Developments

Gold Estates Holdings has delivered some of Perth’s best-known and most vibrant residential and commercial communities. Below is a selection of our development projects over the last 120 years.

Vivente Estate

About

Vivente at Hammond Park is a 430 lot “boutique” style community with the latest in contemporary design and innovative neighbourhood planning to create a real sense of place.

Set within a beautiful natural landscape, Vivente is part of a vibrant wider community with schools, major shopping centres, public transport and freeways just minutes away, and the coast and beach in easy reach.

Acquisition

Vivente represents the amalgamation of 7 land parcels acquired between 2004 and 2014 and at the time were used as lifestyle and investment properties.

Development

The first land was released in 2015 coinciding with the creation of the Vivente display village featuring 15 of Perth’s leading home builders. In contrast to other estates, Vivente provides a range of lot sizes from 500 square metre family lots with generous frontages to more affordable home sites for both first home buyers and downsizers. The natural bushland and open space parklands provide a tranquil setting for residents and visitors alike.

Status

Stage 2 and 3 lots are for sale.

Wentworth West Estate

About

Located on Bartram Road, Success, Wentworth West is a hidden gem located close to all the outstanding shopping, school, recreation and transport amenities that are available at the Cockburn Central Regional Hub.

Acquisition

Wentworth West forms part of the original Thomsons Lake Estate incorporating the Twin Bartram wetlands representing approximately 14 hectares of natural wetlands environment. This area has undergone extensive rehabilitation and replanting as part of the development works and a significant asset to both the local and wider Cockburn community.

Development

With a total lot yield of 102 lots Wentworth West reflects a contemporary development with a range of lot sizes for large families and smaller lots adjoining the expansive open space areas.

Status

Stage 1 lots and Stage 2 and 3 Home & Land Packages are for sale.

Eden Green Estate

About

Eden Green is a little piece of paradise that’s  just 25 minutes from the city. It has been designed with family and community in mind. Eden Green has been coordinated, designed and developed by Gold Estates Holdings and Richard Noble & Company, the same people responsible for the successful Thomsons Lake private estate.

The 500 lot master planned estate in Hammond Park ideally located near the Kwinana Freeway, Aubin Grove train station and the Cockburn Central Regional Centre.

Eden Green is also within easy reach to one of WA’s most important conservation wetland reserves, the Thomsons Lake Regional Park, home to over 10,000 water birds including our state emblem the black swan.

Acquisition

Previously used for sand mining the 48 hectare undeveloped site was purchased in 2000.

Development

Development commenced in 2006 with a central 4 hectare district oval providing a central focal point for sport and family gatherings utilising playground and barbeque facilities. The development also catered for the new Success Primary School which opened in 2013.

Status

All of the land has been sold.

Magnolia Gardens Estate

About

Magnolia Gardens is part of the Thomsons Lake Estate.

Acquisition

Purchased in 1994 from a local farming family the land was previously a working cattle and sheep property of approximately 80 hectares.

Development

This site was identified as a prime residential development adjoining the Kwinana Freeway with a commitment to the future train station. Magnolia Gardens represents over 700 housing lots together with high density sites to compliment the adjoining Aubin Grove train station.

Status

All of the land has been sold.

Thomsons Lake Estate

About

Once an area of scrubland and lakes, it has been transformed into a well-established, sought-after private residential estate home to more than 2,000 families. It is situated on either side of the Kwinana Freeway and just 20 minutes from the CBD.

Acquisition

Originally acquired in 1986, the land was one of the pioneering subdivisions in what was at the time known as Jandakot and ultimately became the suburb of Success.

Development

The first land was released in 1993 with average prices at around $35,000 for lots averaging a “standard” 650 square metres. Ultimately the area developed into a number of precincts totalling over 1,100 lots together with what was to become the Cockburn Gateway Shopping Centre.

Gold Estates successfully achieved the complex planning approvals for a Regional Centre and developed the first stage comprising of two supermarkets and approximately 25 speciality stores. Subsequently the property  was sold to Perron Group who have continued to expand the Centre to what is now one of Australia’s fastest growing regional shopping precincts.

Status

All of the land has been sold.

Mindarie

About

Named after Mindarie Lake, an Aboriginal name first recorded by Alexander Forrest in 1874, the suburb is located approximately 34 kilometres north of the Perth CBD. After briefly being used for its limestone deposits in the early twentieth century, Mindarie was formally established in 1988 with the construction of the Mindarie Marina and hotel.

Acquisition

In April 1978, Gold Estates of Australia purchased 298 acres of land at a cost of $597,778 for future subdivision.

Development

This land was sold in 1998 for $7.5 million. Today the median house price in Mindarie is almost $700,000.

Status

All of the land has been sold.

Kelmscott

About

Kelmscott was one of the first towns established in the Swan River Colony. Named after Kelmscott, Oxfordshire (the birthplace of the first Anglican clergyman in the colony, Archdeacon Thomas Hobbes Scott) in 1830, the suburb is located 23 kilometres south-east of the Perth CBD.

Bisected by the Canning River, the western side is flat coastal plain and to the east the suburb rises into the western Darling Scarp.

Acquisition

In October 1972, Gold Estates of Australia purchased 58 acres of land at a cost of $171,957.

Development

Today the media house price in Kelmscott is almost $350,000.

Status

All of the land has been sold.

Cockburn Central

About

Cockburn Central is located 24 kilometres south of the Perth CBD. Cockburn Sound was named in 1827 by Captain James Stirling, probably after Admiral Sir George Cockburn (a renowned British naval officer who took Napoleon to exile on the island of Saint Helena after the Battle of Waterloo in 1815).

Acquisition

In July 1966, Gold Estates of Australia purchased 88.5 acres of land at a cost of $81,299. The land is located near Yangebup Road, Cockburn Central.

Development

Today the media house price in Cockburn is $525,000 (source: REIWA, 2013).

Status

All of the land has been sold.

Atwell

About

Named after a pioneering family, the Atwell brothers, who had owned land there for many years, the suburb of Atwell is located approximately 21 kilometres from the Perth CBD.

Acquisition

In September 1966, Gold Estates of Australia purchased 61 acres of land at a cost of $82,248. This land is located on Beenyup Road, Atwell.

Development

Today the median house price in Atwell is $515,000 (source: REIWA, 2013).

Status

All of the land has been sold.

Bennett Brook (Beechboro)

About

Beechboro is named after the ancestral home of Henry Brockman in Kent, England. One of the first European landowners in the area, Brockman owned parts of Swan Locations M and M1 and first subdivided the land in 1892 into farmlets. Located approximately 12 kilometres from the Perth CBD, Beechboro covers a large area and has been developed in a number of stages.

Acquisition

In December 1964, Gold Estates of Australia purchased 56 acres of land at a cost of $84,653. This land, north-east of Morley, was named Bennett Brook Estate.

Development

Today the median house price in Beechboro is almost $400,000.

Status

All of the land has been sold.

Trigg Estate

About

Established in the 1940s and named after Henry Trigg, who was the Superintendent of Public Works in the Swan River Colony from 1838 to 1851, the suburb is approximately 14 kilometres from Perth CBD. Features include Trigg Island, the popular Trigg Beach, Mettams Pool (a snorkelling beach) and a nature reserve opposite the beach.

Acquisition

In February 1957, Gold Estates of Australia purchased 53 acres of land at a cost of £40,406.

Development

The land, known as Trigg Estate, was subdivided and the lots sold. Today the median house price in Trigg is $950,000 (source: REIWA, 2013)

Status

All of the land has been sold.

Melville Links

About

In 1827, Captain James Stirling named Melville Water after Robert Dundas, 2nd Viscount Melville, First Lord of the Admiralty (1812-1830). The land adjacent to Melville Water became known as the Melville Water Park Estate (later Applecross) when it was subdivided from 1896.

The suburb of Melville was developed in 1953, although a small pocket of land was opened up adjacent to the Canning Highway in the 1920s. Located approximately eight kilometres south-west of the Perth CBD, Melville is located on the Swan River and the majority of streets are named after people who were aboard Captain Charles Fremantle’s ship, the HMS Challenger.

Acquisition

In April 1956, Gold Estates of Australia purchased 116 acres of land at a cost of £9,375.

Development

Today the median house price in Melville is almost $750,000.

Status

All of the land has been sold.

Wembley

About

Named after Wembley, England, this residential suburb is located approximately five kilometres west-northwest of Perth CBD. Intensive subdivision of the Wembley area commenced in 1909, and originally the subdivision was regarded as part of Leederville. In 1924, the Perth City Council requested that it be renamed Wembley Park after the suburb of Greater London where the Empire Exhibition was being held at the time. The name was gazetted in 1924 and was later shortened to Wembley.

Acquisition

On 20 July 1922, Gold Estates of Australia (1903) Limited purchased 48 blocks from The West Australian Trustee Executor and Agency Co. Ltd at a cost of £550. Known as Perthshire Estate, the parcel of land comprised 13 acres in the vicinity of Cambridge, Reserve and Selby streets.

Development

By 1927 all of these blocks had been sold. Today the median house price in Wembley is almost $900,000 (source: REIWA, 2013)

Status

All of the land has been sold.

Castle Hill

About

Castle Hill Estate was the name given to a parcel of land (Swan Location 69) situated in the suburb of Bicton, adjacent to the Swan River.

Acquisition

On 14 April 1921, Gold Estates of Australia (1903) Limited purchased 241 acres from Sir Edward Charles (Horne) Wittenoom at a cost of £8,000.

Development

The land parcel was subdivided into more than 600 house lots and sold. Today the median house price in Bicton is in excess of $900,000 (source: REIWA, 2013).

Status

All of the land has been sold.

Inglewood

About

With a name thought to have been derived from the Norwegian barque Inglewood (its voyage was mentioned in The West Australian on 24 May 1904), the suburb of Inglewood began when land was first granted to John Gregory in 1831.

Located approximately five kilometres from Perth CBD, Inglewood was regarded as part of Maylands in the early years – with Gold Estates of Australia first subdividing a section now referred to as The Avenues (the development area included land from the railway line to North Street and eventually through to Eleventh Avenue and Dundas Road). The latter subdivision was named Inglewood Estate.

Acquisition

In 1919, Gold Estates of Australia (1903) Limited purchased 47 blocks averaging £7 per block.

Development

This land was subdivided as Inglewood Estate and sold as lots. Today the median house price in Inglewood is close to $800,000 (source: REIWA, 2013).

Status

All of the land has been sold.

Whatley Park

About

Designated Swan Location T (on the eastern side of Slade Street, Bayswater), this parcel of land was owned by the Whatley family. Running from the Swan River through to the north of Morley Drive, the land was named Whatley Park by Edgar Hamer, and encompassed the suburbs now known as Bayswater, Morley (likely named after Charles William Morley, who is known to have farmed in the area during the 1860s and 1870s) and Embleton (named after early settler George Embleton who arrived in the colony in 1829 as a servant of Dr John Watley who settled in the Bayswater district).

Located approximately eight kilometres from the Perth CBD, Embleton developed during the early twentieth century as a rural district, characterised by five-acre lots with a number of self-built houses.

Acquisition

On 2 October 1912, Gold Estates of Australia (1903) Limited purchased 925 acres from Joseph Osbert Whatley at a cost of £5,550.

Development

This land was subdivided as the Whatley Park Estate and sold as lots. Today the median house price in Bayswater is over $550,000 while the median price in Embleton is $515,000 and $495,000 in Morley (source: REIWA, 2013).

Status

All of the land has been sold.

Kenwick

About

One of the early farming communities of the Swan River Colony, Kenwick is a mixed residential, light industrial and semi-rural suburb approximately 18 kilometres south-east of Perth CBD. A large portion of the suburb is composed of remanent agricultural land organised as small-holdings of several acres, as well as relatively pristine native wetlands.

Acquisition

On 14 August 1907, Gold Estates of Australia (1903) Limited purchased 2,510 acres from Beverly John Liddelow at a cost of £7,000. Known as Kenwick Park, the land extended from the Canning River to the Darling Ranges between Cannington and Maddington

Development

Today the median house price in Kenwick is over $340,000 (source: REIWA, 2013).

Status

All of the land has been sold.

Bayswater Estate

About

Bayswater was the name of a property in the vicinity of Slade Street that was advertised for sale in the Morning Herald on 31 July 1885 and purchased by a Mr Gribble. Presumably named after the London suburb of the same name, it is located approximately six kilometres north-east of Perth CBD. Situated along the northern side of the Swan River, the suburb’s development began following the opening of the Perth to Midland railway line in 1891.

Acquisition

On 9 September 1904, Gold Estates of Australia (1903) Limited purchased 995 acres of land from John Blyth and Godwin George Crespin at a cost of £9,000. The land (known as Swan Location V) ran from the Swan River northwards to where Mt Yokine Reservoir was later built. This land was suitable for a mix of residential purposes as well as market gardens and farming activities. The part south of the railway line was named the Oakleigh Park Estate. In 1910 Gold Estates also opened the Subreption Estate, north of the railway line in the vicinity of May, Lawrence and Arundel Streets and the Strand.

Development

Lots in both the Oakleigh Park and Subreption estates were sold. The median house price in Bayswater today is over $550,000 (source: REIWA, 2013).

Status

All of the land has been sold.

Mount Lawley/Maylands

About

Named in honour of Sir Arthur Lawley (Governor of Western Australia from May 1901 to August 1902), the leafy inner-city suburb of Mount Lawley is four kilometres north-east of Perth CBD. In 1865, Perth Suburban Lots 140 to 149 were designated and between 1889 and 1901 a number of estates were established in the area. The area of Mount Lawley was formally proclaimed in 1901. Strategically set between the northern bank of the beautiful Swan River and the Midland rail line, Maylands is 4.5 kilometres north-east of Perth CBD. The railway line was originally built in the 1880s and the suburb was developed during the 1890s (the colony’s first farm, Peninsula Farm, was established on the banks of the river in Maylands in 1830 and Tranby House was built on the site in 1839).

Acquisition

On 10 December 1903, 180.5 acres of land was purchased by Gold Estates of Australia (1903) Limited at a cost of £150.

Development

Today the median house price is in excess of $1 million in Mount Lawley and more than $600,000 in Maylands (source: REIWA, 2013).

Status

All of the land has been sold.

Mayland Estate

About

Named in honour of Sir Arthur Lawley (Governor of Western Australia from May 1901 to August 1902), the leafy inner-city suburb of Mount Lawley is four kilometres north-east of Perth CBD. In 1865, Perth Suburban Lots 140 to 149 were designated and between 1889 and 1901 a number of estates were established in the area. The area of Mount Lawley was formally proclaimed in 1901. Strategically set between the northern bank of the beautiful Swan River and the Midland rail line, Maylands is 4.5 kilometres north-east of Perth CBD. The railway line was originally built in the 1880s and the suburb was developed during the 1890s (the colony’s first farm, Peninsula Farm, was established on the banks of the river in Maylands in 1830 and Tranby House was built on the site in 1839).

Acquisition

On 9 September 1895, Charles Ernest Deeley (as Trustee for Gold Estates of Australia) purchased 668 acres from Emma Amelia Slade at a cost of £5,100 (this land was part of Swan Location Y). Known as the Maylands Estate (and also referred to as the ‘Pineapple Estate’) the parcel of land was managed by Edgar Walter Hamer. Situated within three kilometres of the Perth Town Hall and one kilometre of the city boundary, the site adjoined Mephan Ferguson’s foundry and today comprises the suburbs of Mount Lawley, Inglewood, Maylands and Bayswater. The land was transferred to Gold Estates of Australia (1903) Limited on 20 September 1903.

Development

Purchased for less than £100 per acre, the holding was subdivided and sold in lots. Today the median house price is in excess of $1 million in Mount Lawley and more than $600,000 in Maylands (source: REIWA, 2013).

Status

All of the land has been sold.

Menzies

About

Menzies is a town in the Goldfields Region of Western Australia. Located some 728 kilometres east-northeast of Perth, gold was discovered here in 1894. By 1900 Menzies was a booming gold town with more than 10,000 people living in the area (primarily miners).

Acquisition

Ten town lots were purchased by the Company in October 1895 for $7,500. 6 were on sold at a profit of nearly 100%. 4 lots were still held by the company in 1902. Two were sold at a loss and two are still currently held. The original titles on display at the Head Office.

Development

The company purchased the holding with the intention of on-selling the lots for the construction of miners’ houses. By 1902, six of the lots had been sold, with some realising £1,000 – representing almost 100% profit on the average lot cost. Two of the lots were sold at a loss.

Status

All of the land has been sold.